We take the safety of our members, staff and visitors seriously.
This page contains important information about COVID-19—previously referred to as the novel coronavirus—and is applicable to Inna Essence members and staff.
There is a lot of information in the media at the moment regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Please ensure that you keep informed through reliable sources, such as the Queensland Government.
The health and wellbeing of our members and colleagues takes top priority.
Our hygiene standards at Inna Essence have always been of the greatest importance to us; with Coronavirus we are stepping up our practices.
“There’s no reason to avoid the gym.” Professor Jonathan Ball a virologist from the University of Nottingham. “There’s usually quite a bit of distance in the gym between you and the next person.”
We encourage members to follow these guidelines when visiting Inna Essence:
- Bring a towel
- Use the hand sanitiser upon arrival and departure at the studio, as well as after coughing or sneezing
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing, and dispose of tissues immediately into the bins provided
- If you are uncomfortable with hands-on adjustments this season, let your instructor know before class
- Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with hand wash and water before and after your class
- Wipe down all equipment, mats/reformer with the supplied cloths and cleaning spray after your session (you are also welcome to spray and wipe down equipment prior to your class commencing)
- Stay away from the studio if you aren’t feeling well – coronavirus or not
- We ask members to declare their travel plans and be mindful of exclusion periods if you feel unwell
We want to assure all our members that Inna Essence have put in place the following cleaning procedures in addition to our usual cleaning schedule:
- All equipment, reformers and mats are wiped after use to help stop the spread of the virus
- We have also increased our cleaning scope, focusing on doors, handles and floors
- We continue to clean the bathrooms regularly
- Additional hand sanitiser has been purchased and is available at the entryway table for use by members and visitors
Relaxation of policies:
- We will be extra flexible in waiving late cancellation fees if you are sick
- You can request not to be physically adjusted during classes
- If you need to suspend your account or change bookings due to illness, please contact us
Please don’t let this virus affect your attendance at Inna Essence, and remain positive in how you go about your day. Be assured that our team members are diligently cleaning their hands before and after sessions. We are focused on regular, deep cleans of the studio and equipment, and we are being proactive with disinfecting before and during classes.
“It’s more important for general health to have a lifestyle with a certain amount of activity.” Dr Barbara Breadon advises. “Physical activity can boost your immune system.”
We are constantly referring to Queensland Health and the Australian Government for updated advice on protocol as this medical situation develops. Putting a halt to your Pilates and Yoga sessions is unnecessary – just like stocking up on toilet paper is completely pointless!
Let’s swap high fives and hugs for booty-bumps for the time being! If anything changes, or if we receive advice from health organisations to the contrary, our Inna Essence community will be notified.
Andrea and Anna