All returning members must complete the COVID-19 RETURN TO THE STUDIO SURVEY
This plan outlines the guidelines for members, teachers/instructors, and visitors of Inna Essence.
Inna Essence is excited by the Queensland Government’s decision to re-open studios as part of the Stage 2 Queensland Road Map. Inna Essence is 100% in support of their recommendations to ensure impeccable cleanliness, social distancing, and the protection of those that are most vulnerable in our community.
Inna Essence is committed to its members and will take every step, as far as reasonably practicable, to maintain the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our community.
Every member who enters an Inna Essence class must have their details recorded with the Studio. Members’ details must be accurate at all times. Instructors will continue to maintain an accurate attendance record for all classes.
- Ensure your details (including name, address, and phone number) are updated via the Inna Essence app.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any discrepancies.
- Staff and members are encouraged to download the COVIDSafe app:
TESTING & CONFIRMED CASES
Communication is key in preventing the spread of COVID-19. We ask that all our members take a proactive approach in notifying us if they or any members of their household have recently travelled (in the last 14 days), been in contact with a confirmed case, are undergoing testing for COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 or are self-isolating for any other reason. All members will be required to fill out our COVID-19 Return to the Studio survey before returning to the studio.
- Members and Staff complete the COVID-19 Return to the Studio survey:
- Members and Staff grant permission for Inna Essence to pass their details onto the authorities for the purposes of contact-tracing if needed.
- Where there is a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, the National Coronavirus Helpline (1800 020 080) will be contacted for further advice.
- Inna Essence will notify all members by email in the event of a confirmed case at the studio.
- Inna Essence will also notify all members who have come in close contact (ie. in the same class) with the identified case via phone call.
Class times will change slightly to allow for ‘transition’ time and cleaning after every session.
Where possible all members will be encouraged to practice social distancing during all classes. All members must maintain a minimum 1.5 meters distance while waiting to enter the studio space.
All Staff have been supplied with a studio COVID-Safe plan and Risk Assessment in accordance with the current guidelines outlined by Queensland Health. Amendments to this plan will be reviewed and communicated to all staff and members where necessary.
HEALTH & HYGIENE
All members are required to familiarise themselves with the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 as well as the common winter illnesses. All members will be required to follow the QLD Health ‘Time Out’ Poster for all illnesses including COVID-19. As a studio that services immunosuppressed members, we rely on every Inna Essence member to be honest and compliant with these guidelines.
Extra measures have been taken to provide additional hand washing and sanitisation products as well as increased cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and the studio space. All members will be required to complete Inna Essence’s COVID-19 Return to the Studio Survey.
- Complete the COVID-19 Return to the Studio Survey.
- Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Comply with the QLD Health Time Out Poster for all other illnesses.
- Notify Inna Essence if you, or a member within your household is unwell.
- Follow the hand washing signs at each bathroom.
All Inna Essence teachers and instructors are committed to keeping you safe. In doing so, all measures, as far as reasonably practicable, will be taken to ensure application of the Queensland Government and Queensland Health guidelines are applied at all times.
- Staff will act in accordance with the Inna Essence COVID-19Safe Return to the Studio plan as well as any updated restrictions or requirements outlined by Queensland Health.
- Staff will maintain an accurate record of attendance of each class.
- Staff will wash their hands upon entering the studio and between each class.
- Staff who feel ill will be required to stay home.
- Staff will practice social distancing while at the studio and teach from the stage.
- Staff will refrain from hands-on corrections and limit the use of shared equipment.
- Following each class, instructors/teachers will sanitize the studio (including door handles, equipment, etc.).
- Staff will adhere to the timetable class times to allow for safe entering/exiting and sanitization.
Each member will be responsible for their own props and mat/reformer setup within the studio space. They will be encouraged to maintain social distancing, recommended to bring their own mat and props and must wear socks in the studio.
- Members should use the bathroom before heading to the studio if possible.
- Members will wait 1.5 meters away from other members prior to the commencement of their class; either waiting outside the studio or inside in the waiting area.
- Members should wait in their car until 5 minutes before their class starts to help with transition of members entering and exiting the studio.
- Upon entering, members will sanitize and/or wash their hands.
- Members should bring their own water bottle. Any water bottles left at the studio will be thrown away at the end of the night for sanitary reasons.
- Members must place their belongings in the designated areas.
- Members are requested to only bring in essential belongings into the studio, and leave handbags/backpacks in their car.
- Members are not allowed to eat inside the studio.
Where do I find the COVID-19 Return to Studio form?
All returning members must complete the following online form prior to re-commencement of classes at Inna Essence: https://bit.ly/COVID-return-to-studio
What about masks?
Our staff will not be required or recommended to wear masks. It is very difficult to breathe while exercising with a face covering. We do not recommend that members wear masks for the same reason.
But what if I’m not ready?
If for any reason you are not comfortable or confident in these safety measures, please stay home and return when you feel comfortable. The following members should continue their membership suspension if:
- Anyone is uncomfortable attending the studio during this time
- Anyone living with a family member who feels ill
- Anyone living with an immunocompromised family member
- Anyone living or interacting with elderly people on a regular basis
- Email email@example.com if you wish to suspend your membership
What if there is a confirmed case?
All studio members, staff, the Springwood Puma’s committee and the Queensland Health authorities will be notified. Appropriate measures including deep cleaning and appropriate self-isolation will be taken where necessary.